Pet Care Is Essential
Many cities are under Stay At Home orders to help stop the spread of COVID-19. A common thread of these orders from around the country is pet care is essential, and we have sitters waiting to provide the care your pets need.
Your Well-Being Is Our Priority
The health and wellness of our clients, their pets, and our sitters are our top priority. We implemented the following COVID-19 safety procedures for our sitters that will be in effect until further notice.
- No-Contact Meet & Greets, Meet & Greets will be via phone or video
- Self-Monitoring, sitters will check for symptoms and fever throughout the day
- Sanitization Process, sitters will sanitize hands before and after every visit
- Personal Protective Equipment, sitters will use gloves, wipes, and remove shoes or wear booties during visits
- No-Contact visits, pet parents must isolate themselves to a separate room from their sitter
- Emergency Support, sitters have a 24/7 hotline to report illness and reassign visits
Community health is everyone’s responsibility, and we kindly ask that you notify us immediately if you or someone in your home is sick. None of our clients or sitters has reported any symptoms. However, we are taking these extra precautions out of concern for our clients, their families, and our sitters.
If your travel plans change, please notify us with as much advanced notice as you can. We are enacting a compassion cancelation policy and will waive all cancelation fees related to this pandemic.
Can pets get COVID-19?
At this time, the CDC has not received any reports of pets
or other animals infected with COVID-19. However, animals could be carriers of the disease, so as always, it’s essential to wash your
hands after handling any animal.
Can I help my sitter?
Several of our clients have reached out, asking if there is a way to help support their sitters. YOU CAN! If you ever wanted to tip your sitter, there is no better time than right now. 100% of your tip goes straight to the sitter, and they will especially appreciate it.
Additionally, we have added gift cards to our portal so you can support your local business by prepaying for service.article by Pet Gal Susan.