We Are Here For Your Pet Family
As cities begin to open and amend Stay At Home orders we want to assure you that we are here to care for your pets.
At the outset of the COVID-19, we implemented several safety procedures that will remain in place until there is not a risk of spreading the virus.
Your Well-Being Is Our Priority
The health and wellness of our clients, their pets, and our sitters are our top priority. We implemented the following COVID-19 safety procedures for our sitters that will be in effect until further notice.
- Social Distance Meet & Greets, Meet & Greets will be conducted using PPE and social distancing.
- Self-Monitoring, sitters will check for symptoms and fever throughout the day
- Sanitization Process, sitters will sanitize hands before and after every visit
- Personal Protective Equipment, sitters will use PPE during visits
- Social Distance visits, pet parents must keep a minimum distance of 6 feet between themselves and their sitters; preferably isolating in a separate room
- Emergency Support, sitters have a 24/7 hotline to report illness and reassign visits
Community health remains everyone’s responsibility, and we kindly ask that you notify us immediately if you or someone in your home is sick, we are taking these extra precautions out of concern for our clients, their families, and our sitters.
Can pets get COVID-19?
At this time, the CDC has not received any reports of pets
or other animals infected with COVID-19. However, animals could be carriers of the disease, so as always, it’s essential to wash your
hands after handling any animal.
Can I help my sitter?
Several of our clients have reached out, asking if there is a way to help support their sitters. YOU CAN! If you ever wanted to tip your sitter, there is no better time than right now. 100% of your tip goes straight to the sitter, and they will especially appreciate it.
Additionally, we have added gift cards to our portal so you can support your local business by prepaying for service.article by Pet Gal Susan.