How Do I File My Pet Gal Taxes?

10 Oct 2015

How Do I File Taxes On My Pet Gal Earnings?

Filing taxes can be confusing, especially if you have additional income sources like payouts from The Pet Gal. When it comes to reporting your income, here are a few things to keep in mind.

The Pet Gal Does Not Withhold Taxes

In other words, it’s every IC’s responsibility to pay taxes. No matter what you’ve earned as a IC during the year, if you’re a citizen of the United States, you must abide by the federal laws and laws specific to your state regarding income reporting.

Per The Pet Gal’s Terms, you are responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws and regulations related to your use of the site and the services that you provide as an IC. We encourage you to consult with a tax professional to better understand your requirements.

You May or May Not Receive a Tax Form

You’ll get a 1099 via PayPal if
You are an IC in the United States who has “PayPal” selected as your payout method and have earned more than $20,000, or completed more than 200 transactions, in the calendar year.

You’ll get a 1099 via Payable
You are an IC in the United States you will receive a 1099-MISC by the method you set in your Payable profile.

You will NOT receive any tax forms if
You are an IC who has earned less than $600.

We Recommend Seeking Professional Advice

Remember, The Pet Gal is not considered a tax advisor and cannot provide specific advice on taxes or how ICs should report their income. A tax professional will be able to further explain what to do and how to best handle your individual reporting.

If you have any questions or concerns, e-mail us at or call us at (888) 522-9916.

Posted by with - in Pay Taxes, Sitters